VPN Beginner’s Guide 2019:
Internet is being evolved day by day and we are using it as an important tool to send as well as receive important information. But, everything has positive and negative aspect and internet is not an exceptional case. Black Hat hackers are everywhere and many crimes are being committed by the hackers every day. So you might be thinking what steps you can take in order to protect yourself online. Here, VPN plays an important role as it can provide security and privacy that you need the most while using internet.
What is a VPN?
VPN refers to Virtual Private Networking that protects your privacy. Generally, when we connect to the internet, we need an IP address. This IP address allows Government, companies to see our activities like what site we are visiting, from where we are connecting, what device we are using etc. Thus, they can build a profile of users and so we can say that our privacy is not considered at all.
A VPN does the trick. Through VPN, we can connect to a remote server and it hides or masks our location as well as identity. In order to make sure that we are staying safe online, VPN providers have both private and enterprise solutions. Even when we travel abroad, we can also connect to a VPN on a server which is in our Home country. Thus, VPN allows us to use the internet as if we were home.
Advantages of Using a VPN
There are many advantages of using a VPN and that are mentioned below:
- Secured connection: VPN provides you a secured connection and thus hackers cannot access your data which is encrypted. The encryption keeps your data safe and it becomes more important when you are doing a business.
- Visit Anonymously: If you want to visit any site anonymously, you need to use a VPN. The VPN allows you to conduct your business anonymously.
- Remote Access: Another advantage of using VPN is that you can connect to it remotely with an internet connection; you can access it from anywhere. Thus it allows you to log into your network and access the information that you need. Besides, you can keep your data in a closed network which can only be accessed by you
- Access Restricted Content: In many countries, there are many sites that users can not access as those are restricted in their regions. In India, you cannot access some movie downloading sites as they are restricted here but a VPN allows you to visit those sites. A VPN allows Americans to access content like regional social media platforms or videos. VPN actually helps its users to bypass the country’s internet policies and you can also bypass country’s internet filters through using a VPN network.
- Change IP Address: Through using a VPN, you can change your IP address and even you can change your location. Suppose you are in India and you want to connect from England, in this case you have to choose a European server in the VPN application. Besides, you can access any regional contents that are only available for a particular country.
- Improve Performance: If you are not getting a good speed, you might select a VPN server that can give you a better speed and performance. VPNs were slow in the past but now some developments made it faster and so VPN might play an important role in order to get a better speed while using internet.
How to Use VPN
|PC Users||Mobile Users|
You can go tour mobile’s security setting and manually set up a secured connection by putting username and password given by your VPN service provider.
Best VPN Providers
There are so many VPN providers but in order to use VPN service effectively, you need to know about best VPN providers. So, the details of best VPN providers are given below:
- It provides unrestricted access to Netflix
- Available in China
- 30 days money-back guarantee
- 24/7 customer support
- It provides unlimited access to video, social media, music and games
- Available in 60+ countries
- 3000+ IP Addresses
- 45 days money-back guarantee
- Special promotional offer on Halloween: $2.75/month for 18 months
- It offers unlimited data, speed and performance
- Available in 25+ countries
- 2500+ servers available
- 5100+ servers available
- No logs policy
- Users can connect 6 devices at the same time
- 30 days money back guarantee
- Available in 56+ countries
- 4000+ IP Address available
- 30 days money-back guarantee
Interesting Information That You Should Know
Is a VPN secured for casual browsing?
Yes, it is secured as your data will be encrypted and hidden aster using a VPN. But sometimes it depends upon the server; if the connection is not encrypted, then you should leave it immediately. On the other side if the VPN has a secured and encrypted connection, it is safe for you.
Can we use a VPN for streaming?
Yes, you can use VPN for streaming and sometimes it offers better streaming quality as it takes you out from the more congested servers. But if you are a Netflix lover, you should avoid VPN as Netflix blocks VPN.
Can we use a VPN for torrenting?
Yes, you can use a VPN for torrenting and it is strongly recommended as it protects your privacy and prevents your ISP from seeing your traffic. Though it does not prevent users from downloading malicious contents, users should use VPN while using uTorrent.
If you want to use VPN casually, go for free VPN but if you want to use it seriously, we suggest you to use a paid VPN as it is more secured and it offers something more that a free VPN cannot provide.
The article covers every important aspect related to VPN and hope this article would help you to use VPN more effectively.